Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday

 

This was taken somewhere in Western PA on one of my back road trips.   I can't remember this location, mainly because I am dealing with 14 year old information.   It would have been good if I didn't have the pole in the front of the house.  I love old architecture.   If I had the time and the program I could have removed it.  I do have Photoshope Element, but the freakin thing doesn't work with VISTA,  so there you go.  I refused to buy anymore photography programs that will become obsolete when MS in the wisdom decides we are due for a change.

My day consisted of breaks and lunches.  Sometimes that is difficult to do.  There are potentially 10 to 14 people to relieve for lunch.  Everyone gets a 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch.  When you work in an Operating Room you just can't leave.  This also applies to bathroom breaks.  You have to call someone and if someone is available you can go after you have given report. 

I read articles about going to the gym or for a walk on ones lunch hour.  For me that is a joke.  We get a half hour, which consists of going to the bathroom, going to the cafeteria and stand in line behind the visitors and volunteers, who gaze at the menu board like they are perusing the menu for a 5 star restaurant.   Hospital food is not that great, it is in fact, downright unhealthy.  One of yesterdays offerings was a pasta and mushroom dish that was sitting (No lie) in 1/2 inch of oil.   

I usually take the remnants of dinners I have prepared.   Then I can heat them in the microwave, people usually comment of how well it smells, and say "I know you didn't get that here"   Right...........   The last thing to do on my half hour lunch break is have a cup of coffee is the person who took the last cup was courteous enough to make a new pot.  Some how the doctors I work with have a feeling of entitlement and think they are exempt from making coffee.    

I have been trying to make even more healthyofferings.  The newest web site  www.myrecipes.com has things from Cookling Light, Southern Living and a few others.  What I have made has been good.  I am in the mood for maybe cutting and pasting what I relly like and if you are in the mood for something tasty and delicious you can try them too.

Going to get the passport applications in today.  I am still a bit miffed about Mondays trek but this is the Federal Government I am dealing with. All I can do is rant a bit about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a neat building!! my husband works in a hospital (management) and there have been good cafeterias and mediocre cafeterias, but you are right, lots of unhealthy food

betty

Anonymous said...

I have been brown bagging it, and taking a thermos of coffee, for more than two decades now.  It never used to amaze me how I was always the last one to get coffee and then have to brew it new :o)