Thursday, June 5, 2008

Waterfall Yet Again

Here is another snapshot of Niagara Falls; this was taken at the same time as the other one a few entrys back.  Probably from the same spot I might add.  Today was uneventful.  I spent the day doing urology, which was eventful to the people who needed it to be done. 

Today is in the mid 80's, tomorrow it is to flirt with a record tying 93.   I live in the same house that Chuck and I bought in 1972.   The house faces west.   When we were young I think we did not know about how much the sun would add to the heat of the house.  From 3 pm on, it will heat up the place until the sun goes down.   I have A/C and awnings on the front of the house, that helps a lot but it still causes the A/C to run most of the evening.  We could not have planted trees because of the sewer, gas, and water lines that come off of the street.   A few trees would shade the house nicely.  

We have lived in many other houses; while we were moving we had the first rented and paid the mortgage with that.  Now it is paid for and I am so damn glad about it.

Tomorrow is the last work day for this week and hurray for the weekend. 

No comments: