Wednesday, June 18, 2008

TEXT button

The TEXT button.  Went to get the car inspected and gave the service person the email from Subaru.    The gist of the story is the TEXT button can only read in MP3 format.   So, the CDs you buy at the store can not be read.   What kind of format are they manufactured in anyway.......Seems like I have to put the CDs on iTunes (they are already there now) and burn a CD and then the CD will be in MP3 format and be read.   The tech demonstarted this to me, and I observed with my own eyes.   

My question is 1) how many people with cars have a CD player in them???   2)  how many people with cars have iPODS that they play in their cars?   Why would a car manufacturer make a CD player that can only read MP3s???   This does not make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me at all.     I have an aux system that will let me play my iPod thru the radio/CD player.  It does not read the MP3s.   You have to have a special instillation ($300) that will let you read the text on the iPod......I should have know, there was money and sales involved.   

I will just have to be happy to listen to the music and not be comcerned about the TEXT, because I have no intention of spending $300 to read the damn text.

Something wrong with the computer I got a message from Microsoft telling me Windows have recovered from a unexpected shutdown and now I can not add pictures.  Grrrrrrrrr.    I think I will have to wipe it out and run the start up disc which I do not have because they did not include one.  Guess I will spend the rest of the day backing up the remnants of what is left over.   Maybe I will try a system restore first...

Did the system restore and I can now add the pictures again.   When I went to restore it seems that there was a Windowsupdate at 07:51 this morning and that is when the trouble began.   I have the automatic update unclicked.....I have the option for me to download later, so why did it do that this morning???

Anyhow, I am glad I can add photos...

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your computer problems; hope you can get things restored to how they were

I think technology is going down a different path these days; MP3 players I bet will eventually replace CDs and be exclusively how people listen to music; years down the road maybe, but I even see them getting smaller and smaller and doing more

betty

Anonymous said...

My car radio doesn't do MP3 at all. I had to burn CDs off iTunes in regular format so I can play them in the car. I don't have any way to play my iPod through my radio. It's a leased car, so I am not adding anything to it. *sigh* It's always something, isn't it?

xoxo