Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday

Another antique store, I think this was also along Route 30 but it may have been on PA Route 31.  This is also in Western PA.    Maybe someday I will get around to painting them.   What I need is a place to set out my painting supplies and be able to leave them in place.   I do not have that now.  Where ever I would put them I probably would have little cat feet additions to the painting. 

The Vogons are working for the federal government.   I must admit it has taken a while to get all the family members together and get to the Post Office to apply for out passports.  But when we got there WE DIDN'T HAVE THE CORRECT FORM.    The Vogons are alive and well in the government.   Doesn't matter what branch, they are all through the entire system.

Vogons are one of the most unpleasant races in the galaxy. Not evil, but bad tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. On no account should you allow a Vogon to read poetry to you.

LOL  LOL.   I copied and pasted the Vogon description and somehow (by magic most likely) the computer has duplicated the  print of the copied and pasted entry above.  That is really interesting.

I'm so excited, I bought ticket to West Side Story.    Its not till August, but it will be a good mother/daughter day out.  I didn't even ask Chuck, he wouldn't know Leonard Bernstein from William Shakespeare.   As a musician Emily likes musical theater, but is very selective of what she wants to see.  She has even played in several of them in High School and College.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

West Side Story sounds like a fun event to go with Emily to!! August will be here before you know it!

betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia! Thanks for visiting my journal and leaving a comment! I hope you'll visit again.

I love the pictures of the antique stores. I'm crazy about old buildings, and my husband (Ken) and I will often stop along the road just to take a picture of an intriguing old place. As you can tell by my screen name, I'm fascinated by Route 66, and we're planning a trip in 2010.

All my best,
Beth