Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sundays mental musings

"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
Joseph Addison

Someone told me the essence of life, was eat, survive and reproduce.   I think that is similar to the quote of the day.   People need something to do, sitting around waiting for time to pass is a hugh bummer.     Everyone needs love and affection.   Something to hope for keeps us all going.   I guess that ranges from wishfull thinking to major setting of goals.

My major set goal is now retirement.  I am hoping and looking forward to that.   After working for forty years I am looking for a rest.......then I will set a new goal of something else to do...

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think resetting goals after retirement is a wise idea; beautiful flowers

betty