Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday

Selected BY the guest editor, there is a difference and I have nothing to do but read and write.

On my day off I woke up momentarily at 05:30 when I heard Chuck start up his car as he was leaving for work.  Then I fell back asleep and woke up again at 06:54, via the digital clock.   I read an article somewhere that a lot of younger people do not know how to tell time on an analog watch or clock.   I, somehow, feel this is probably true.   Hard to believe, but true.

This was a relaxing day.   Emily and I went to the Frick Cafe and the Art Museum.  They are having a new show.  It is in celebration of Pittsburgh's 250 year anniversary.   What it was mostly was the same theme over and over again.    After reading the reviews I was disappointed,  I though it would be a little more than the same vista repeated over and over again.   The food at the cafe was good, but I was disappointed again.   The portions were good, but minuscule.   I had eaten there before and had always been happy with the food, but today was a bit of a downer.   Somedays it would have been better to stay at home.

http://www.frickart.org/features/fam/

 

No comments: