Friday, June 6, 2008

Hot as Hell

Since everyone liked my tulips I decided to add some more.   I do love flowers but for my own I buy annuals and put them in pots.   We have a lot of deer and they eat everything in sight.   My sister has a huge the vegetable garden and they have a high fence so deer do not eat the harvest. 

  I live in Allegheny County, in western PA.  It is about a 20 minute drive into the city.   In the city of Pittsburgh, in Allegheny Cemetery, they have deer.  No one will shot them there so the just browse;  maybe they are part of the lawn cutting committee.   There are also wild turkeys there, and also groundhogs.   I guess if they need a replacement for Phil they can find a candidate there.

Back to the deer story.  Sometimes they are in my back yard; one day, the cats were sitting looking out the French door with their eyes agog.   They were watching deer.   A winter ago my neighbor said that he found bear tracks in the snow at the back of his yard.   I guess they went to the creek to take a drink, but, on the other hand, don't the bear hibernate?????   Maybe it was a warm winter.  In PA, well, probably not.  I am sure they were there because my neighbor is a hunter and know tracks when he sees them.   

 A long time ago my parents and I went camping in Allegheny Forest and went for a hike along a trail.   I recognized bear tracks with no doubt.  they were large and rounded and you could see where the large claws were.   I decided to end that hike.    We were in a camper and one night I could hear noise; snorting and snuffling and things being tossed about.   There  were bears and they got into the coolers of anyone who had left things outside.   Glad I wasn't in a tent.

Today I did podiatry.   Spent the whole morning making everyone's feet better than before.  I had foot surgery twice and I can say, without a doubt, that chronic pain makes a person crazy.   It is a constant nagging, with every step.  I am happy to report that the feet are fine now.   Pain all gone.

It is hotter than hell outside , maybe not that hot, but it is definitely HOT.  Supposedly to go into the 90's all week.  I have on the A/C and it goes on for 30 minutes and off for 5 minutes.  Guess it will be like this all summer.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

more absolutely beautiful tulips!  fabulous.
gina