Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday

One of the things I love to do it go for rides on Pennsylvania back country roads.  This farm is somewhere in western PA, but I can't remember where.    I think this pastime has met its end.......I don't want to use the gas.

Today was an interesting day.  We had four fractured hip  add on's (that means they were added and not scheduled the day before, essential they were emergencies.) and they were all in their 90's......I think some one is out there tripping the old ladies......When I first finished school (I am really dating myself with this statement) they put the fractured hips in "Bucks extension"   So they lay in bed with the affected hip in traction and the poor old souls died of pneumonia.....   With the advance  of surgery they now have a plethora of hip pinning devices and fix thee hips and get the seniors out of bed and ambulating.   I wonder as a follow up how many of these people actually get better I would think most of them start a downward spiral to debilitation and their death.

Tomorrow is the last day of the week and I am looking forward to the weekend, not because I have something planned, just because I have off.

Emily found out she was not scheduled to work the 4th of July so she is going to play in the Johnstown Symphony's  extravaganza.    They have a fireworks display and the symphony plays appropriate music.    The best one is Tchaikovsky  1812 Overatures complete with the cannon.  BOOM.    The last time we went we got stuck in traffic and it took us an hour longer than usual to get home.   At least I got home that night.   Could have ended up driving the back roads of PA>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Music with fireworks - that would be an improvement!

xoxo