Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday, Monday

Monday and it is unseasonably hot, hot, hot.   Probably about 15 degrees hotter than normal.   The old normal is not the normal anymore......  Do you remember when you were a kid??  Does  the summer now seem much hotter than before.  Maybe it is only because I am unable to tolerate it now that is seems so much more repressive.   I can remember when I was younger that only a few days seemed unbearably hot.  No one had air conditioning in western PA.   I told Emily that the only place that had  A/C were a few movie theaters.  The hospitals did not have it.  The patients sweltered in their beds.  At that time the Operating Rooms were air conditioned;  so was the morgue. I guess they had to be.  Tomorrow it will be down to 85 we will have a brief respite.

Tomorrow is my 16 hour day.   I found out today that one of the woman quit taking the 16 hour shift; it was too much for her and too tiring.  She is only 28 years old.  What will she do when she gets to be sixty.  LOL   LOL  Emily thought that was funny that a woman (her mother) who was 61 wasn't tired like the 28 year old. LO  It is funny-sad.......

The way is goes is that if I bring a book or something to do I will be more busy than any other day.   If I bring nothing I will be so bored and have to sit and watch TV for the evening.   Maybe I should keep a book in my locker for times such as this.  Does that put a curse on the evening activity????

It all remains to be seen...............

 

Ohiopyle State Park....PA.    River is the Youghageny River.   The rapids on this river are 3's and 4's.    Right now the river is high and currents are dangerous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think people adjusted better to the summer heat in the past because they didn't have the big change from leaving a/c and going into the heat - when it was hot, it was always hot and our bodies thinned the blood or whatever to accept the weather change. Does that make sense?

xoxo