Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another of my askew photos.  This was taken one October in the Great Smoky Mountains.    The day was sunny but atop the peak (I forget which one) the clouds were in the valley.  The naked trees are pines which have been infested with some sort of pine beetle that kill the trees.  These insects attack trees which have been drought stricken.   You will remember the problem with the southeast and their drought conditions.  I heard on the news that the rainfall is easing the drought but it is not  over.  It was also very cold.  Probably 20 degrees colder than at the bottom of the mountain.   I worse a fleece jacket covered by a light weight anorak and the wind was very cold.

Worked 16 hours yesterday;  I did orthopedics.  You would be amazed at the number of people who have had total hip and knee replacements....contributing to it are wear and tear on the joints and the increase in people who are overweight.   The human body was not designed to accommodate the increased weight load on the joints.  It is a  fairly east operation but the knee rehab is more difficult than a hip replacement.

Today there will be thunderstorms and by Thursday highs in the 90's.   Pennsylvania weather is so changeable.  A person can have on their furnace on in the night and need the airconditioner on in the afternoon. 

Guess that is about it for this morning.  I am going to my asthma doctor who will tell me that my nose is sniffy and ask why I don't use my nasal spray.   I really hate squirting things up my nostrils. 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this....so beautiful.
gina