Thursday, June 12, 2008

TA DA

The colonoscopy is over and done.   Last evening Chuck told me I was increasing the water bill.   LOL  LOL  Maybe I did.  After I was finished with drinking the salty solution the runs subsided and I was able to sleep all night.  Which was good.  

The procedure was uneventful; and everything was good.  YEA........The doctor told my daughter, who was my chauffeur, that with a family history of colon cancer she should have her first at the age of 40.    She said she hopes they have a better tasting solution by then.

The prep was the worst part.  The procedure was uneventful...Thank goodness..   Glad that is over for the next 5 years.....

So, my advice to my peeps is that if you are 50 have it done.  And if there is a history of colon cancer have it done by age 40.   This advice may save your life.

Claudia

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you got good news and the procedure went well!

betty

Anonymous said...

The prep is not pleasant, the concept is gross, the actual procedure is nothing, but the fretting before seems to be the worst part!

xoxo