Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday Rainy Morning.

It is a dreary, rainy morning.   The only good thing I can say about it is I have off.   I did have to get up early to go in to work to attend a yearly "compliance" meeting. 

We have to have our time documented down to the exact minute.   No overlapping of time or it is considered fraud and they will not pay even if the work was done.  Consider this you are liable from a malpractice point of view but not billing.   You have to take the responsibility but not get paid.   Who else, but those in the medical field, have this proviso???? 

If the anesthesiologist is leaving and being relieved by another the first ones time stops and a minute later the next one begins.   Go figure.    Do you think we could ever get attorneys to bill us per minute,  I think not.

When my father died the attorney billed $8,000 as fee for handling the estate.   When I asked for a detailed billing statement they got mad; stating that I had agreed to this.  I didn't care, I    requested and recieved the itemized statement.

I tried to add a picture but I could not get the allignment dots to go away, so I could type.   I will try to add it at the end of this entry.  Which is coming up pretty darn fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the past when I was responsible for this sort of billing(or overseeing a staff that was) we had billing "times" but they were not by the minute. Doctors would document 31 minutes, but the 1 minute pushed the billing allowance to the next "time," if that isn't so here, at this point in time, I have yet to be informed(but will look into it since I still do consulting).  I will say I know some drs/staff had abused the system(I'm not saying all or many, just some) & charged greatly in access for time spent, which became a different problem. I understand I was in medical & probably other fields(like law) have just as much of their own abuse.
~Mary