Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday and icy outside

Well, its Friday and by some influence of the fates, I have off. I had requested to have off when I saw the schedule load.   There were 35 cases and 17 anesthetists.    I guess it is Murphy's Law or some other law of coincidences that if you have a lot of people the OR schedule will be light and if you have few people the schedule will be the largest that ever was in the history of that particular OR.   It doesn't matter which OR in any state, the above will apply.

Tomorrow is a first education meeting in our departments history, that is open to other anesthesia providers in the area.   We are going to open a heart program in one month, I have no plans of being a party to this.......Others may have different plans.   The registration starts at  7 AM.  They had more people register that we have seats to be  filled. 

Since this was the first it is really on an   experimental basis.   The Fee (paltry)  is $25, and in retrospect it should have been higher.  We are barely covering the cost of the food.  To top it off  the cafeteria has told us that the chicken for dinner will be limited to one piece only........Who is going to be the chicken police?????   They will probably be size AA ones.    The food sounded good (I have eaten there before and know how they cook)   so it will remain to be seen.

The last lecture starts at about 4 or 4:30.   I told the speaker that he doesn't have worry because all attendees will have gone home by then.  My main goal will be to get it over and get out of there.

The weather outside is awful.  I woke up this morning, out of a deep sleep I might add, to this awful noise that sounds like some monster scratching to get out of my closet.  When the brain awakened a bit I determined that it was my husband outside scratching the inch of ice of his windshield.  Glad I did not have a windshield to scratch.  I think he was using his credit card.

I am the Queen and my car is in the garage.  He has a garage too but he has two cars.  One is the Corvette and the second is a Subaru.   He has to brave the weather and his second sits outside.   The daughters sits outside too, since I am the Queen I rarely have to scrape and I like it that way.

 

 

 

No comments: