Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maybe I will just make this my long ago and far, far, away series.  This was also taken in Slovenia, closer to the Austrian border.   It amazed me in Yugoslavia and eastern Europe that there are old castles and quaint churches everywhere.   I would wonder what had gone on there, and what about the people??   Maybe sometime it was good I didn't know, that was the time of tortures and things in dungeons.

Work was a bummer.  I exhausted my mental  energy  on the drive to work.  Slip sliding and going slow.    One of the employees fell and hurt her arm in the parking lot, no fracture, thank goodness.

I spent my morning doing cataracts.  This is a very easy procedure.  They come in and I give  sedation, heavy for the local injection and then let them wake up for the procedure, which takes 10 to 15 minutes.   The cataract is essentially emulsified and then sucked out.  A replacement intra ocular lens is inserted and after about 30 minutes the person can go home.   The bandage comes off and they can see.  It is really amazing.   Years ago they had that done and they had to stay in the hospital with sandbags holding their head immobile and then wear those very thick "coke bottle" glasses for the rest of their lives.     With the sedation the procedures is pretty much amnesic because of the Versed.   IT is short acting and they are "street ready" and OTD.  

Tomorrow is back to work and it is Trivia night.   Yeah................................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claudia......Did you know I am from Austria? Loved the PIC!!!

Marie