Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Day

Another drive along Route 30 in Western PA.  This was long ago but not far away.  Today  was my day off.   Had a lot of things to do but none is it was too exciting.  Had a doctors apt in the morning and a "high maintenance"  hair appointment in the later morning.    My hair appointments are all high maintenance now days.

This is weird weather.  I wish it would either rain or snow; and stick to it.   It was suppose to rain last night and then turn to snow later on this day.   But this morning there was snow out there.   This was no major consequence except for the fact Chuck had an appointment to have his tire mounted on the new rim on the Corvette.    That mission was scrapped due to the weather.   Actually, he was outside early (07:00) pushing the snow off the driveway so he could get the Subaru out and the Vette in the garage. He did do that.  Now he has to wait for a sunny day to do the rim swap.

The heart program starts next week.   They had a perpetual open house all week.   On Friday my boss asked for volunteers to staff the open house, why would you ask for volunteers the day before an event.  Well I already had plans, and that was to sleep in and do nothing.      The other thing about this is that the OR staff was going to get paid for their time and mine would have been gratis.........Glad I was busy.   And on to something else.

I have found the names of my grandfathers (German..Willi) parents.   The information is coming from Germany and I hope to get this info this week.  He was born in Quickborn Germany and I also wanted to get a copy of a marriage certificate and his sisters names and dates of birth.   The Germans, in their usual organized fashion. had no record of the family name (other than Willis birth) in their records.     I am now wondering if she had got to Quickborn to visit some one and went into labor and had him there. 

When it comes it will list the town that the parents were from and I can proceed from there.  I wish I could speak German, this would be much easier.

 

 

No comments: