Friday, February 15, 2008

This photo was one where I had decided to paint Antique shops.   I got as far as taking the photos.   In order to paint I need a place to put my paper and my image and the watercolors.    I haven't found that place at home yet.    I would like to put all my stuff out and only cover and close my palate at night.    This would be necessary to prevent the paint from drying out and a procession of little cat feet.   They would walk on the newest and cleanest part of the carpet.   This photo was taken somewhere along the road of Routh 30 (i think) in western PA.

Although the medium is water color a lot of the colors are staining and would be impossible to get out.   Maybe after I retire I will give it a go again.    The main problem is finding the right teacher.   My style is sort of easy and fluid.   A lot of teachers are sort of "tight" in their paintings.   I like this to blend and just sort of going with the flow.   

My favorite time in painting is the Impressionist period.  

No comments: