Thursday, February 14, 2008

San Antonio TX

This is the River Walk in San Antonio TX.   I lived in Fort Worth for a few years.   I liked Texas except for the heat in the summer.   The River Walk winds thru the city and has restaurants and shops all along it.  The most surprising thing for me was the Alamo.   Picture in your mind an adobe style mission with a lot of significance in history.   It was the site of a massacre in 1836,  you can read about it here:

Untitled Document      

The amazing this is the shrine is in the middle of down town San Antonio....It is amongst all the tall bulidings and it is hard to get a shot without the skyscrapers.

I am miffed (still) about this printing.   It was going fine until I put the clickable link in it and evern though it is set for the above size it is not printing in thata size.    My sister had flown down for a visit and she and I drove here from Fort Worth.  I think it was a 2 hour trip, we did some sight seeing and ate authentic Mexican Food.   The food was good.

Off to play trivia in a few minutes.........That is one of my favorite things to do.

 

No comments: