Thursday, February 21, 2008

Here is another picture.   It was taken, I think, in Bedford PA.  I suppose during one of my Fall Foliage Trips in PA.

Another in my collection of Antique Shops.  I used to do a lot of driving and stopping here and there but that has pretty much gone by the wayside with the escalating price of gasoline.  

This is another of my pet peeves.  In fact, it may be the biggest.   I strongly feel that the price of barrels of oil should not be based on speculation.   If there is threat of an storm the price of gas goes up.   I drive a 4 cylinder car with a manual transmission and plot all my trips in order to save on gas.   I can not conserve much more.     In American, the use of mass transit is not very high because it is not available to be user friendly.    I live four miles from my work and you can not get there riding a bus.  You can't walk either because there are no sidewalks and you would get hit and killed on the road trying to get there.  

The local governments will spend obscene amounts of  money financing millionaire ball parks and arenas and the hell with mass transit.   The Port Authority of Allegheny County budget runs in the red because more that half of their income goes to finance Golden Parachutes of the retirees in management and pay for health care of the retired workers.    As a health care worker I resent paying for things of others that are not aviable to myself, or any other health care worker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We willingly pay whatever price we are charged for gas - we should consider putting a cap on the amount. Who else are they going to sell it to?

xoxo