Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Feed the cats

Yesterday was Symphony rehearsal.......the daughters, not mine.    She drives 1 1/2 hours to rehearse.    She was feeling a bit under the weather and asked me if I could go and do the driving;  this also serves the purpose of not having to use her gasoline.   Anyway, I left a note for Chuck to feel the felines.....  The get pretty pushy when they are not fed close to their routine time.

Chuck asked about the cat feeding procedures, as we  were  giving the call that we are leaving Johnstown.    (Just a cautionary phone call, we know how long it takes and know approximately when the arrival will be home.   Since the route is thru an area of PA that is sort of desolate.   Actually I think 70% of PA is desolate.   Giving a heads up when you arrive and leave is just precautionary....in case of breakdown or any other sort of calamity.

 Chuck:  "Why did you buy cat food that you need a can opener to open the can?"      Claudia: "I didn't buy any cat food that you would need a can opener ."    Claudia:   "I looked at all of them and none of them need an opener."       Chuck:  "It was right here."    "Here it is !!!!"    Claudia:  "That is a can of salmon, for humans not cats."  Chuck:  "I wasn't wearing my glasses..."

Someone at my house doesn't feed the cats nearly enough.   Andto top it off he would have been considered the King by the cats if they had eaten the people salmon.    I also think I will have a half hour inservice on the procedure of cat feeding.  

Sometimes, in the deep recesses of my brain, I think that the male of the species intentionally asks  redundant and rhetorical questions and feigns inability to do things, so the female of the species does not ask them to do that particular task again......

 

Picture:  Chihuly exhibit at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh PA.    It was a great show and people came from all over the world to see it.   I really loved it, but can't imagine anybody flying from the far reaches of the globe just to see this show.

No comments: