Saturday, May 31, 2008

Not irked anymore

Sometimes I wonder how my newly ironed clothing comes up with cat hairs.  Well, here is the answer to that query....This is Lucy who is resting on my ironing board.    Now that is one of life's mysteries solved.

I was having trouble (yet again....how do I do this to myself???)  with the cursor, moving around and clicking willy-nilly on things that I didn't want clicked upon.....I called ACER tech support and talked to them (WOW I spoke to a person who's native language was English, and American English to boot)  We tried to download the program with the touch pad and it said the drivers were missing.....I didn't know I had drivers let alone that they could go missing.......   So the solution was to reinstall the whole program......no small task I might add.  

I dutifully got out my flash drive and copied the latest genealogic information and then tried to put my updated photos on their drive (which is full it informed me.)   Then I decided, at last resort,  to install it on my external hard drive,  I had been avoiding doing this because it involved getting up and going to fetch the thing.   So I started opening my files and folder to see what was there and started moving things.   Lo and behold and to my great surprise and amazement was a folder with the drivers with the download.   I had installed this in early May and somehow it disappeared.  I think it had something to do with the damn zip files.  It says zip files but I suppose by ESP a mere mortal is intuitively suppose to know how to unzip the thing.  So, I right clicked on it and a option came up that said install, this may take a few moments.   The few moments was just a fraction of the time it was taking to move all the files to my external hard drive.   I finished moving my pictures and the driver installation was done, and I am happy to report that it has quit jumping all over and auto clicking on things that were not wanted.  I hope it last for a while.  

I think most of the faux paus are operator error.......I did get the book WINDOWS VISTA ANNOYANCES by O'Reilly from the library.    I can spend the rest of the afternoon figuring out how to get myself out of a self inflicted VISTA miasma.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I cannot claim that my "newly ironed" clothes wind up with cat hairs(where the heck is my iron anyway?), everything else does, like my newly unironed clothes. The hair seems to be pretty free floating around here, but the kitten is worth it.
Oh I'll bet the Vista Annoyances book was BIG.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

That book is the best!

xoxo