Thursday, May 1, 2008

This was taken a while back.  Went on a little side trip to Tangier Island, VA.   I guess the isolation was amazing and it is unreal that people can still live in a location that is only accessible by boat.  Like the French Island off the coast of Acadia National Park in Maine.

I have been irked to the max, well, not really the max but it was high up on my frustrations list.   I had my credit card number changed so I needed to change the number of EZPASS (PA)  EZPass is a good feature.   For a person who rides the Turnpike you just get on and get off.   Then it is billed to your account. 

The beauty of that is that you don't need to carry cash.  Sometime earlier this year they changed the  user id and password so it had to be reset.   They did not send me an email about this new requirement.   So I get on and find out that I can not log in, bummer number one.   Then I am having great difficult setting up a new account, bummer number two.    So, I want to complain (one of my favorite things I like to do)  and they DO NOT ACCEPT EMAILS ABOUT EZPASS.  I sent one anyway.  They never did respond, but I did mention that they would not be getting paid without the new number.....  Bummer number three....

They had a phone number and and after five minutes time I get a message that I have to call back on Monday.  Bummer number four.

On Monday I get the run around and telephone tag as I complain about the signing up again part.  It wasn't till I   mention that I had a new credit card number and the old one was no longer valid, that I was transferred to the accounting department with the speed of light.  They took that information so fast it made my head spin.

Today, I had to call and get help with setting up the account.   Seems you have to have a combination of UPPER, lower and numericals in this stupid password.   I have lost track of the numbers of bummers.

Let me tell you about the toll collectors on the PA Turnpike.   It is fraught with nepotism; at least that is my suspicion.   The coin collectors are making about $19/hour.   And all you have to be able to do is count money.    When you get on an automated machine spits out your card, and you have to pay to exit.    The collectors are very surly to add to my aggravation, I would like to know why in the world would they get paid so much money.  I guess you have to pay your relatives a lot.  They are always in a foul mood, I would say about 80% of them. 

With EZPASS  I only have to be aggravated when they change my charge account number.  I hope they install it on the whole damn thing and make it mandatory.

What do you think of that Chuck????

Addendum: While I was watching the evening news and eating my dinner, a guy from PENDOT called to inquire about my email to PENNDOT.   I had a nice conversation and told him I had already taken care of the matter (long before his call I must add)  and now everything was fine.   I guess they do read them and do not go to the spamfile.

 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How about that .......

Tangier Island Guide: Tangier Island - A Chesapeake Bay Island Bed and Breakfasts, Restaurants, Transportation, Marina, Airpo...

 

No comments: