Monday, May 19, 2008

Carpet Cleaning Day

I love snapdragons.   I plant them every year in my planters.   I wanted to buy and plant my flowers this week (I am off) but so far it is just too cold.

The carpet cleaning crew was here this morning.   First thing they rang the bell and the cats scattered like bowling pins hit by a ball.  They ran in the bedroom and one down into the basement.   They came back out after the noise and men were gone.    The last time it was so traumatic for Molly, I even thought she had escaped.   I didn't see her for hours and even went so far to make LOST CAT  signs for her.   But even after I scoured the neighborhood, she was still missing.

It was about 8 hours later that I saw a gray streak out of the corner of my eye running upstairs and streaking to the bedroom.   I didn't bother with the signs this time and she came out an hour later than the others.

Henry is the hairball king.   The cat food is made with dyes, I guess it is to appeal to the owner.   The stains on the carpet are lessened but not completely gone.   The carpet guy said it saturates like Kool Aid and will not come out.   Never buy carpet lighter than cat hair balls. 

  I wanted to turn on the furnace (it is 45 or 50 outside) to warm up the house and help with the drying of the carpet, and guess what, yesterday it would not go on.    Chuck cleaned and poked a needle to clean the little jet holes but the burner will not light.

   He has to call the furnace guy.   The furnace guy who installed the furnace doesn't like to do repairs, just install.   He must have a lot of cash to avoid what he doesn't like to do.  Chuck said he will call him but I do not think he will come.   Have to find a repair guy, I wanted to call the guy who also does plumbing and unclogged my sewer last year.  

The idiots who installed the sewer did not connect it to the street, they connected it to the neighbors and then it goes to the street which is illegal.   The neighbors have a large tree whose roots routinely grow into the line.   What a pain, we have to get some chemical root rot and add it so the roots won't grown.  I sense a huge bill coming sometime in the future.  If it comes down to that I will feign ignorance about the whole matter. 

He didn't need to call the furnace guy.  Chuck gave it a go again..... The furnace has an automatic igniter.  It seems that the igniter was too close together, I guess you can compare it to a spark plug and when the gas starts to flow it clicks and ignites the pilot and then the burner.  Saved us about $300 I would guess.  I guess we pay those big bucks because they know things about the ignitor.   The house is warm and the carpet is drying nicely.   Tomorrow it may go up to 61.  I read a journal and it is 92 in   Washington State.   WOW, my heat is out west.

Next week it will probably be in the 80's and I will be thinking of turning on the A/CLOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the dyes. It's one of the reasons I home cook for my dogs. I also own my own carpet steamer and use it liberally, lol!

xoxo