Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This is the Westside Market in Cleveland OH.  This was taken a few years ago when the daughter lived in Cleveland.

Went to the LDS Church and perused the microfilm on the Baptisms/Marriages of Mayo County.   They were printed in a negative picture and very small I wore my reading glasses and had a magnifying glass.  Still, I did not find what I was looking for.  The records started in the 1830's or 1840's; reading was next to impossible.  They were dark and too small.   I don't know if this was the only record or there are others.    The film was copied in 1984 and was 16 mm as opposed to 35 mm.   I think this had something to do with the miniaturization of the documents.   Sorry Thomas and Bridget I could not find you there.   

On the census I did find Nora and Catharine, they are in the same age range as Thomas  I think they were my ggrandfathers sisters.  They had both been sponsors for their wedding and children's baptism.  

Then on to look for the German side,  why, I want to know, can I not find anyone.   The records are not in the year range that I need.  Some other people doing research find their relatives back to the Stone Age.....   I think I am lucky that I got the great grandparents and the gggrandparents may be the most I can go back.   The Irish census records were destroyed in 1922 in the War of Independence from Great Britain.   So not much luck there, you have to get the information from the Church and a few other documents that relate to taxation.

The carpet is drying nicely with the furnace on.   Tomorrow is still cool, unseasonably so.   On Friday it is to go all the way up to 70F.   

This is day two of my week off; can I classify this as a vacation since I did not go anywhere????  Today I went thru some of the boxes in storage and got rid of some junk.    The plan is: if you will use it, keep it.  If it is usable it goes to the Thrift store (St. Vincent de Paul is the closest.   If it unsalvageable it goes in the trash.   So far most is leaving the house one way or another.  Emily has two boxes of things to go to St Vincent's.

I don't know what I will do tomorrow......I do not that all the little Styrofoam blocks and little foot pads will have to be taken off from under the furniture and the decorations and pictures put back.  I am even debreding them.  

No comments: