Saturday, May 24, 2008

This is Niagara Falls for anyone who has never been there.  It is truly an amazing and awesome sight.   I can't imagine who anyone would want to try to go over the falls in some sort of barrel.   We have been there a few times.  It is sort of honky tonk, but the view is worth the trip.   This photo was taken years ago, but I think the view is pretty much the same.

Went to PJChangs for Emily's birthday dinner.  Mine is next and I have a few months to decide on where I want to go.

Today dawned bright and sunny, although still chilly.  It is suppose to go up to 68F; I think it may it is pretty warm.  I spent this morning taking things to the thrift shop.   As I was putting things in the donation basket people were looking over my shoulder to see what I was donating.    My next stop was the Liquor store to see if I could get some sturdy boxes.   I am going to go thru my cookbooks and take them to the used book store.   I will get paid a bit for them.  

Next stop for today is the LDS Church and see what I can find of Footnote.com.   They have a subscription and I do not.  Maybe it will be a fruitful trip but I really do not hold out much home, that is the way my research has been going.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a big waterfall person, so I love that shot.
Ha on the people looking over your shoulder to see what you were donating. I guess regulars want first pick of the new stuff.
The flower basket on a different entry is lovely & I've paid a lot more than that when I have purchased similar.
I was looking for some new blogs & found yours on the main journal page.
~Mary