Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday

 

 

Thank goodness its Friday.    I felt like this week was an eternity.  Chuck said we should stop thinking about retirement because it would make us crazy.   I have to defocus on that topic and think of something else.

This picture was taken at the Mosside Greenhouse.  If you look at the top right hand side you can see how blue the sky was that day.   It was a beautiful sight.  There were so many baskets and I did not buy one.   Maybe I will go back; I did buy a lot of flowers. 

I want to get a light weight bedspread or quilt.  I think I get cold and then pull up the spread and then I am too hot.  If I get a lightweight one I will be just like Goldilocks and be "just right."  I hope so, I spend a lot of time pulling on and pushing off the covers.  I will make that my tomorrow project, along with going to the library.

I seem to have hit an impasse in my reading.   I get a lot of books that seem good at the time; but, I just am having a difficult time getting into them.   If I can't make it past the first chapter I will not punish myself to keep on reading......Maybe I need a hiatus from the novels.   I can get back to doing my crossword puzzles.  I haven't done them for months.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally settled on a "dorm spread" - just one layer of cotton fabric, no lining, no quilting, nothing. It's like a second sheet. I use it all year now, just that and a sheet on top of me. The beagles are like heating pads, and I got too hot with just a normal thin quilt. Good luck!

xoxo