Sunday, May 4, 2008

I HATE VISTA

I have been working on this damn posting three times and I hate Vista because it loses my written word, skips around and deletes things that were not meant to be deleted.   Am I the only one in the so called civilized world that is having trouble with this damn system???

On to Verizon.....Emilys phone has been replaced three times.   It is the EnV.    Anyhow, the last straw was yesterday when she disconnected the charger and pulled out the guts of the phone.   

Off to the Verizon store, where John told us that he could get us a replacement or something equal in value.   AT the current value, that phone had been replaced three times so far in the last 12 months.

After looking at the options I told John I wanted to speak to his supervisor.  To make a long story short, the manager told us that when the phones come off the assembly line they are tested and the failures are reconfigured to use as "replacements,"   Well we had two of these so called replacements and neither of them lasted very long.   So in the managers discretion gave us a NEW phone.   I had never known that the replacements were factory rejects.   Well I am  now happy if the phone works.  So far so good.  I spent a lot of time at the Verizon store and I think they wanted to see me go, although, I was very polite and not very loud.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A book: "Windows Vista Annoyances," David Karp.

xoxo