Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday

This is a basket of flower that I found at the greenhouse.  It is a small greenhouse and their plants and flowers are reasonable priced.  At the local florist their baskets were $30, at Lowe's they were $15 and at this greenhouse they were $10.

I didn't buy the basket but I did buy a lot of flowers.   I usually get geraniums, begonias, portulacas, petunias and some others which I usually vary.  Those above seem to fare the best.  The front of my house faces west and they get the long summer sun, so I need flowers that will tolerate heat and sun.   They usually do well but by August, no matter what, they start to look leggy.

I found Picasa for a program for photo touch ups but it is hard to find it on my hard drive.  Maybe I should have used Flikr instead, then at least I could have easily added them to the journal.  Well, who knows.......I do have a lot of shots I took at the greenhouse, if I find them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Picasa part of Google? I can never keep these things straight, lol!

That is a great basket for $10~!

xoxo