Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Recycling

Western PA has a hazardous household products recycling center.  This is where you take things that you can't throw in the trash.   Four years ago, when we cleaned out my fathers house he had enough things saved to cause a mini hazmat scare.  Something's were unlabeled and anybodies guess what it was.   This year I have old paint, old car oil and I will probably come up with more.   They are looking for volunteers, you get to pitch 5 gallons of waste for free, and get a few other tidbits, including breakfast, lunch and a free T-shirt.  Plus a $10 gift card, I hope it is from the supermarket and not the health system sponsoring the collection.   Chuck said he would look into the two of volunteering this year.  Spousal quality time.  TA DA  

 Another note on recycling.  I have purchased those new light bulbs, filled with mercury vapor, and are suppose to last years.  Well, that is a down and out lie.  So far, three of them have died and I haven't even had them for one year.  After 2011 these are all they will be selling mind you.   This organization will recycle those light bulbs.   But I have a notion to contact Sylvania.......................I think I will, it will make for a good story...................

http://www.swpahhw.org/home.html

 

 
I also had enquired about recycling CD cases, of which I have plenty.  They are made of polystyrene and ARE recyclable.  I just have to figure out where they would go.
 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job! No sense cluttering your home with recyclables - getting moved on out to the right centers!

xoxo