Sunday, July 6, 2008

This is the last of the fireworks adventure.  This was a non telephoto shot.    Yesterday Chuck and Emily were both at work and I did what I do best.............nothing.   Well, I cleaned two bathrooms, but that is far from exciting.  

I am back to work tomorrow.....I am doing general surgery, I know the first the a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal)  It is amazing that there is an infinite supply of GB's to be removed.    General surger is my favorite. I have a Grad Student in Anesthesia tomorrow.  That means they have to do all the set up work.   They are really doing well, I have to make sure they learn everything correctly.  I may come in some day as an emergency and they will be giving my anesthesia. 

The ironic thing is that they pay thousands per semester for "clinical fee"  I would like to know exactly who is the recipient of this money.....None of the anesthetist who work there are getting any extra money for being a "clinical instructor."  It is something that needs to be done for the sake of future people having surgery.....

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the same attitude that I always had when training students in the lab: they'll be doing my lab work one day, my family's lab work, and they'll also be doing my job now that I've retired!

Good luck tomorrow!

Beth

Anonymous said...

If everyone looked at life that way, "they'll be doing this for me someday" I think things would get done the right way...people would be kinder and more thorough with their jobs. Life in a nutshell would be lived well. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

that was a great picture too! thanks for sharing your firework photos with us!!

I bet most clinicians enjoy the chance to pass on their knowledge to those just getting into the field; hope your day goes well tomorrow

betty