Friday, July 18, 2008

Second time I have started this

 

 

This was taken somewhere in the late 60's.   I probably was in Nursing School at the time.  The rest were in grade or high school.   I am the oldest of the six.  I guess you could say I was in charge of the sandbox.  

Today we went to Home Depot and bought a gas grill.  We had looked at Lowes and this had been on the agenda all week.  The grills were on sale.  Guess they will be getting the fall things in soon; can snow blower be far behind?????   After looking this week we got to the point of "just buy the damn thing." 

It took Chuck three hours to put it together.  It was about 90F and and humidity about the same.   After the construction of the grill I cooked steak, mushrooms and baked potato.  Served with a Beringer White Zinfandel.  Tasted good.  Just two more day off and I go back to work. 

The mirco class is going well at this point in time.  She is 2/5's of the way done.  She has to write a paper and they have a test every Thursday, as well as turn in their lab projects.   She also has a CPR class on August 18th.  

I downloaded the HP photo editing program.   It wasn't what I needed.  There are a lot of programs out there.   I just have to find my fit. I like the "watercolor" feature and HP didn't have it. What was I thinking !!!! I did find a Corel program.  You can download and use it for 15 days to see if you like.   I may do that.

Here is my mom and I, I guess I am about 4.  I remember this day because we went to Frick Park (in Pittsburgh) and we would feed the squirrels.  The thing that stands out in my mind of that day is that my father teased the squirrel and got bitten on his thumb.  That was my first lesson of things not to do.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. If I need something I get very quickly to the point of  Just buy the damn thing.  I see some people with notepads & ads from other places. Hell, I don't even take that much care when picking a date, let alone a grill.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

I like PhotoShop, which I think allows a 30-day free trial period from an online download. Go to Adobe for it. You can use PS to restore color to old pictures, too.

xoxo