Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Morning

I love mornings; especially when I am home by myself.  I can just sit and read.   Or type in the journal.   It was rather coolish this morning (58 F) so I opened the windows and have a nice breeze wafting thru the house.

Emily said her Micro test was a non event.  He just asked questions relating to the end of chapter reviews.  She complained that after she had studied hard too.  I told her she may get to use some of that info she studied so don't think it was a waste of time.

What to do today.   I have started the laundry.  When we were first married we (as most everyone) had to lug the basket to the laundromat.   The only good thing about the laundromat is you can use all the washers you need and two dryers and get all the things done is a short period of time.   Also, you can do a large quilt there too.

   Getting the washer and dryer was one of the big thrills after we bought our house.   My friend Ruth told me how her daughter was so ecstatic when she got her w/d.   I remember that well.  My last washer purchase was a Sears brand that is a front loader.  I noticed a decrease in the water usage, but the Municipal Authority keeps decreasing the amount of water you can use for the basic fee.   I am curious now.  My water and trash collection costs me about $180 quarterly, what does everyone's else costs?   

I also got the low usage fluorescent light bulbs and the usage went down but the cost is rising with the deregulation.  Has any cost gone down with deregulation of anything?????

This picture is one of an old mill; it has been converted into a craft/antique store.  It is located in Volant PA.  My sisters and I are planning a trip there this summer.  It is on PA RT. 208 and if you go west your will come to the town of New Wilmington PA.   There is also shopping there, and a delightful campus of Westminster College.   PA is filled with small liberal art colleges.    

Volant Village Shops    

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claudia, love the picture! I love it when old places are preserved. This morning, I was just reading about and looking at pictures of Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. I would love to tour it at some point.

Not sure what our trash costs--we have curbside recycling, too, even out here in the country--but we have a well, so no costs for water. I'll be bummed if they ever annex us and put in city water, but I don't see that happening for a long time. Our well water is full of iron, and a little bit of sulfur, but for some reason, I love well water!

Beth

Anonymous said...

As Beth mentioned below, our Water is zero cause we are on a well.

Garbage and Recycle is about $115 quarterly.

Glad you had a good morning :o)

Anonymous said...

Our trash/recycling is part of our property taxes. Convenient, but I cannot change companies if I am unhappy. I don't see anything going down other than the value of the American dollar.

xoxo