Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bears

Bears Spotted In Plum, Westmoreland Backyards - News- msnbc.com

I read about others having all kinds of critters in their yards, but this takes the cake.    The link above is close to where I live.  This is 15 minutes out of the City of Pittsburgh; we have bears.     I haven't seen them myself but I am  glad I have inside cats, and no outside dogs.  Actually I do not have a dog at all.   I like dogs but it wouldn't be fair to a dog to have to live with the cats (meow) when we are all at work all day.....I will keep my eye open for the bears.  I have the camera charged and ready to go. 

Today was a rather slow day at work.  I did eyelids.   Actually it was quite interesting.  The first man had Bells Palsy.    He could not close his eye, he had this problem for two years.   the opthomologist inserted a tiny (1.5 gm. gold weight inside the upper eyelid.  The little bit of weight would hold his eyelid down so he could close his eye.  The doctor also took up the slack in the outside corner so his eye would not droop.   It looked very nice when he was done.  I guess it is true that a person learns something new every day.

Bell's Palsy InfoSite & Forums: Bells Palsy / Facial Paralysis FAQs

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I probably have any kind of wildlife you can think of in my yard from time to time, but I bears would take the cake. Interesting about weighing down the eyelid, I didn't realize they could do that. Loved the picture of the garden. (Hugs)Indigo