Thursday, July 31, 2008

Quiet...........ahhhhhhhhhhh

Emily and Chuck are both working and it is quiet.  There were a few rolls of thunder and a scattering of raindrops; then a huge boom that sent the cats scattering like duckpins in a bowling alley.   It was so loud that it even made me jump.

Work was uneventful today.  I did gyne.  That is important if you are female.   I had a student today too.   He was from Ghana; his accent is British.   He has lived in the USA for 7 years.   He said in Ghana it is always hot.   He doesn't like the cold and doesn't like it too hot.  I told him the ideal place for him would be Virginia or North Carolina.   He did a good job.  His wife is still in Florida, because he could not sell the house.  He has about one and a half year to go.  It must be difficult to live away from your family and I would imagine it would be hard to move to another country, learn another language and know that you were going to live there forever.

But we all know the streets in America are paved with gold.   Honestly, life is what you make it.   You can be a success or a failure; it is all up to the individual.

I am glad tomorrow is Friday and the end of my week.  Just three days next week and then I am off to Philadelphia.   Tomorrow is not too busy and that suites me just fine.

My sister is in CA.  She is in Mariposa County; that is where the wildfires are.  It is close to Yosemite National Park.  I texted my niece and she said so far all was good.  Shawnna said she would take pictures and I could post them here.

The second week is going to be a trip thru the Napa Valley and they have a rental near Reyes National Seashore.   She will come home when I am in Philadelphia.  I can't wait to see the pictures..........

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They probably won't spend more than an hour on your computer, and then a few hours on paperwork. If they don't have to order any parts, maybe you can get it back faster than you think!