Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scanning Family Photos

 

Here is a picture of my mother and her parents c 1926.   The man is my grandfather Willi Schridde, Anna Bartels Schridde and my mother Gerda Schridde.   I do not know if it was taken in PA or Germany.

They came to this country in 1926 but the picture of my mom seems to be at around the age of 2. 

My sister and I spent the whole afternoon scanning, editing and adding pictures to my files.  I want to put them on CDs and give them to my sibs.   I am lost to nuances of putting individual pictures in a file.   I have been clicking and dragging.   There must be an easier way.    I tried to start one folder and then put the pictures in one folder but I couldn't seem to do that.  

Next I have to put them on my external hard drive.   If Picasa has them on an external album they should be there too.

It is always a technical challenge for me to get where I want to to go with files and folders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture.  Folders and files, Pffft!  I have pictures all over this machine.  They seem to go where THEY want to go and then I can never find them.   Marlene
    http://journals.aol.com/domsmom27/one-day-at-a-time

Anonymous said...

Just drag them to the folder you want them in. Be sure as you are putting them in originally to read the window as to where the file will be saved and it will go where you want it to.

xoxo