Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rainy Sunday

The sound of raindrops; I haven't heard them for awhile.   The heat was 88 and the humidity probably about 98%.   It was beastly outside.   The rain started a few hours ago, and Chuck and I were on the back deck, covered with an awning, and listened to the sound of rain.    The temperature had dropped about 20 degrees and the coolness was refreshing.

We usually go out to eat on Sundays;  The Gateway Grill,    Chucks favorite.  I think that is because they Blue Moon on draft.  Emily will join us after her day at work, selling jewelry.

Her Micro class is 2/5 done.  They have both class and lab the same day.   Chuck is off till Thursday and I am back to work tomorrow.  They have a call in voice mail that you can listen to your assignments; I think that if you don't like it you can call off.  LOL  LOL   Tomorrow I am doing blephroplastys   That is the procedure where you have your eyelids done, they take up the slack.  The guy I am working with is such a perfectionist that they will look great and also take all day for two procedures.  Hopefully it will be a stress free day for me. 

Gateway Grill - A Wood Fired Grill and Restaurant    Click here to the left.

That miserable looking female is me.   The one with the ugly hair.  Somewhere in 1962 my grandmother, bless her heart, decided that I needed a permanent.   I did not ask for this permanent, and my mother told her I didn't want the permanent, Gertrude thought my mom was lying.  I HATED THAT PERMANENT.   I was 15 and it was the most traumatic thing to happen in my life.  Not only had I started a new school, I looked hideous, and to top that off I had swimming and the hair looks worse after it got wet.   It was revolting; and I NEVER, EVER, got a perm again.    Another note, it was  the sixties and the beehive and all those other big hair dos were in.   In retrospect it probably didn't look any worse than any of those ugly dos.   I hope they NEVER make a comeback.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the good old home perms! I bet we all have some interesting pics of them, LMAO!!

xoxo