Thursday, July 17, 2008

Success

 

This is a picture of my sisters c.1962,    They were on vacation at Cape Hatteras National Seashore and on the ferry boat ride.  I did manage to get some of the snapshots open.  I had to click and drag and put them in the AOL pictures album.     I am wondering if the inability to download pictures has something to do with the picture in a folder, maybe I have to move it to a file ????

On this vacation it was a shake down cruise, and I have a few more to add.   This was the first time to the ocean.  I had elected to stay at my grandmothers.  I was a teenager and we all know what they are like.  Sleeping in a tent, sitting under an awing to eat, and getting bitten by mosquitos was not my idea of a fun time.   It still isn't I like an air conditioned house with a pool when I go to the shore.

Here is the car loaded and the tent behind assembled some state park in PA.  Down below is the tent at the beach, Oregon Inlet NC.   We looks like a traveling band of nomads.   I guess we had a lot of fun, but none of us would do that now.  We rent a house and live in style.  Can you just imagine what kids would say today if they were told of the accommodations !!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get the picture download working.  I am sure that the last week has really brought a lot of memories rushing in :o)

Anonymous said...

I like to camp!

If you can put your camera media card into a slot in your computer, you can pick them right off of there to put onto your journal. That is how I generally post mine because I am too lazy to put then onto the computer.

xoxo