Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Warm outside and raining

Maine, many moons ago.  It probably still looks the same, but I would be willing to bet the boats have moved a bit.

Today was my day off and I had it jammed packed with fun and excitement.   First was the biannual visit to the dentist.   I really hate the dentist.  Going there not him personally.    The hygienist has an ultra sonic high pressure washer for getting plaque off your teeth.   You could torture someone with that device.   It hits area that need not have been hit, with twinges of pain I might add.    Then she get out another torture instrument that looks like a miniaturized version of a sickle and picks under the gums to get what the high power washer left behind; all the while telling me how bad tea is for your teeth even though it is loaded with antioxidants.    Then they get polished with a cinnamon flavored gritty paste cleanser, your mouth gets rinsed out and I told her I couldn't wait to get out the door.   The pain only lasted 30 minutes and then the dentist said I was good to go.      Did you know you should change your tooth brush every three months and after each time you have had a cold or the flu.  I would be willing to bet they have stock in Crest and OralB.

Next stop.  I was in the market for a new summer type purse.  So I stopped at Morninglory, which is sort of an accessories shop in the next town.   I found a nice red one.  It is big enough to hold my Franklin Covery planner, and all my other special stuff I just can't do without.  I can also put a book in there.

Next on to Wally World  (AKA Wall Mart) to search for a new tooth brush.  One that is battery operated.  Seems this is better for cleaning under the gums.   Those tooth brushes range from about $10 to over $100 for one that cleans ultrasonically (I had already had that today, and did not feel the need to torture myself with a toothbrush.)  Once I got there I found hangers, a new dish drainer, some food (apples, salad fixins, etc.)  I was out of there and on to Rite AID and then home.   I think I need another day off to rest up from my day off.

No web site for Morning Glory Shop,  but, it does have lots of nice things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that Arcadia? I hope to get there some day! I am not fond of the dental profession since I ended up with exposed jaw bone after a gum transplant, but getting my teeth cleaned twice a year is worth it, I think? I bet your new purse is very pretty :-)

xoxo