Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tired

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep.  Then at some undetermined time I awakened.    The traffic on the closest road was very light, so I knew it was still the wee hours of the morning.  Sometimes I just refuse to look at the clock.

I may have fallen back asleep, but the next time the traffic was heavier and I made the mistake of looking at the clock.  04:46.   In fourteen minutes the radio would click on and I would hear the news and have to get up and on with my day.   As I sit here typing I am yawning.  I have a suspicion that I will sleep well tonight.  TGIF for tomorrow

Today I was working in the GI lab.  I would think by now that everyone would have had their colon examined.  But, there seems to be an inexhaustible supply of colons to be examined.   My own personal colon is due for a recheck.  LOL   I hate to do this. But, honestly the prep is worse that the test.   What I really wanted to know was how do these old and frail and seniors do the prep.   I was trotting like a racehorse to the bathroom every 10 minutes there for a few hours.  Maybe they take their pillows and blankies into the bathroom so they can be near.

My mother had a bout of colon cancer and then eight years later she had an inoperable cancer of the bile duct. (cholangiocarcinoma)  She lived for four years with it.  Usually they would be good if they last one year.    For the most part her quality of life was good.  She was virtually pain free until the last month or two and at that time all she had to take was Tylenol with Codeine.    She has been gone for thirteen years and I still miss her.  Mothers days are just another day for me.  

Yawn, yawn, yawn.   Just hit the save button Claudia and go to bed. Yawn

 

 

No comments: