Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rainy Day Sunday

 

Today was much colder than the past few days.  I was developing an affinity for the warm weather.  It was even drizzling a bit.  Today on my agenda was to mail the income taxes....I was two days early....Tomorrow I have to go to the local borough office and pay them too.    The reason people hate paying taxes is a universal belief that the government wastes most of the money.   

Things like studying the sex life of frogs and mosquitoes.   The pork that our legislatures spend.   Bridges to no where, and heaven know what else.   I am even willing to bet that there is a web site out there with Pork Barrel spending and unfinished projects that didn't need to have been done at all.

After the post office I went to the book store, the mall, visited with my  daughter at work,   I have a ring that was made with the diamonds of Chucks grandmothers.   One of the stones looked like it was sitting crooked, well, the daughter checked the stone and indeed it was loose.   Of the ring is going to be repaired.

There are really some ugly clothes out there.  The either have hoochie mamma clothes that has young women looking like trollops or clothes that look like your grandmother would wear.  Even though Gertrude has been dead for 40 some years.  I really hate elastic waistbands on  anything.  Excluding pajamas and sweat pants.   I have not found much I liked this spring.    Today was a little exception, I found two pair of Dockers.  There were a lot of dark colored pants, but I am in the mood for lighter colors not dark gray and black for summer.    Maybe I should check the Dockers web site.  Eureka, that is an idea.   Another thing I noticed is the tops look like maternity clothes and are those really, really ugly printed tops ala the 70's.    Reallly one time around with them was enough.   I didn't like them in the 70's to start with.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was 75 here yesterday and now i think it is in the low 40s today!

~~Make It A Great Day~~
             Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/


Anonymous said...

I agree, this does not appear to be a good fashion year, lol!

xoxo