Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Today

This was taken (I think) in Athens, Georgia.   This was near the University and my friend and I were spending the day.   Perusing the botanical gardens, lunch, shopping and just strolling about.     I sort of like the  pigs.

Today was a do nothing day.   It was my day off.  Got up early, did a little cleaning and then went to my genealogy study group.   I am sort of at a impasse.  I have gone back as far as I could go, I need to get information from the old countries, but I need to know what town they came from.  

I don't have that information.    I need to find that information and therein lies the problem.   I am envious of those who can trace their ancestors back to the Mayflower, because I can only trace mine back to  about 1870 or 1880 when the came over.    

Back to work tomorrow.   Then three days to go.   Wednesday is a late start day.   That means we have a ed meeting in the morning and the schedule is held up and somehow the whole day gets helld up.  I hate them.   But, there is nothing I can do about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never done a genealogy search. However, next week I will be helping to teach a beginning class in it - maybe I will pick up some helpful tips! We have a long, long history back on my dad's side - I accidentally gave both copies to my brother, and he lost both of them. One was in the old family bible. The dates went back to the 1600s! I doubt if I could ever redo that far back on my own. If I had only just made myself a copy - but I didn't.

I like the pigs :-)

xoxo