Friday, April 11, 2008

Today is a Joy

This is a farmers market which was taken in State College PA.   Went to an educational meeting in Penn State.  

Today is a joy; for some unexplained reason the OR schedule was very light.  When all the anesthetist who are scheduled most of them will opt for taking a vacation day.    This being a Friday makes it all the more attractive.   I also have my regularly scheduled day off on Monday, so that gives me a four day weekend.   Right now I am sitting on my butt just perusing the Internet.  

The weather this week has been fabulous.  The highs were in the high 60's and low 70's.   Also thing weekend a cold front is arriving and it will be colder.   I think the colder will just be a little lower than seasonal.   We were spoiled by a week of June like temperatures.   The grass is starting to grow and I can see the yellow of the Forsythias on the neighbors shrubs.   I have also spied those little heads of yellow known as Dandylions.  Chuck has a search and destroy mission on them.   It is reallly fruitless because the people next door grow them like a crop, and the wind blows their seeds in our direction.

I went to the LDS Church and requested a file with the names of possibly my great grandmother Bridget.   I found on their web site her name and her exact birthday.   So chances are about 99.9% that this is her.   They have photographed the records all over Europe and a person can request the microfilm and view it in their history center.   I told my daughter when I was done I would submit my Family Tree to their Church so if any distant descendant of mine wanted to travel along the same path as me, their work would have been started and documented by me.

I have only been working on this one and a half years.  I think I have acccomplished a lot in this small amount of time.    I talked to some people who have been doing this for years.   All my research is now going to Europe and different family lines of the descendants here in the USA.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They will let you use their computers, won't they? LDS, I mean?

xoxo