Thursday, April 24, 2008

Planning a Trip

 

My daughter and I  are planning a trip to Philadelphia.   She wants to see the Mutters Museum.

:: The College of Physicians of Philadelphia::

It is a museum of oddities.   (There it goes again.  Dropping the color and going to black.  Makes me crazy. )  For several years she has expressed interest in this museum.   There are several other things I would like to see in Philadelphia.   The Philadelphia Art Museum, Rodin Museum, the Independence Mall.  There is a lot to keep a person busy.

Well, I have started to research and plan the trip.   The hotels in Phila.  are out of site.   They range from $250 and up for the most part.  I REALLY do not want to spend that for a place to shower and sleep.    Parking is a problem too.   It is also expensive.  The hotels are charging about $25 per day just to park your darn car in their lot. 

So, I am perusing a lot of B & B's.  They are more reasonable priced and parking is in the city lot and a lot of them are near by.  All I will have to worry about is having the car stolen.  But, I have the best anti theft device ever.   A manual transmission.   Only about 5% of the cars made have them.  If I get carjacked I have to run away fast so the fool who does it doesn't try to get me to drive the getaway.

I have found a few places and they are near the high speed train line.   Philadelphia is about one mile from the Delaware Rive to the Schuylkill River and the city sits in between there.    I have to call a lady back and see about the reservation for my #1 and if it is not good go on to #2.

I would like to get there on Sunday afternoon.  Visit the Independance Mall on that evening.   Do the museums on Monday.  Shopping other assorted sites on Tuesday and leave to go back home on Wednesday. I am excited about the trip and (you knew it) taking pictures.  

I hope to have the plans finalized by tomorrow.  Philadelphia is about a five hour drive from my home.  I checked with Amtrack and it was $90 per person one way.   I could buy a lot of gas with that and hav to walk and drag the suitcase from 30th street to 9th street.  I guess I could hail a cab.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trips are fun! I hope it turns out great!

xoxo