Saturday, April 12, 2008

Today wasn't bad either.

This was taken in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada.    My daughter and I went on a bus road trip to see Phantom of the Opera.    It was really good.   I don't think any other production could replace the original in Toronto.

Today I made the trip into Pittsburgh to go to the main Carnegie Library.   They have reels and reels of microfilmed newspapers and I was looking for obits.   They are hard to find.   Eighty years ago the town had three daily papers and a few others.   I even looked in the German language daily paper.   Of everything I looked for I came up with two obits.    Considering I had seven people I wasn't batting .500.     It gets tiring, and there are a lot of others who had the same reels that I wanted.......    So, my great grandmother viewing was at her home.   Chucks great grandmother had her viewing at a funeral home.    I thought it would yield some information but only one fact.   Katherine's two sons had died before her.   I had found them both in the WWI draft papers and I guess they had both died in their twenties.    Chuck had said that Charles was killed in a railroad accident, but I don't know about Joseph.      Chucks dad and his uncle were named after his grandfathers two brothers.  

This is a long and never ending quest.    I still have to order some more records and who knows what will surface??????    The weather this morning was cool and sunny.  When I left the library it was cloudy...Now it is cloudy and chilly.  To night it is to go down in the low 40s and tomorrow into the high 20s.   I think I might even see a flake or two, or so they say.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see how it could ever end - there are always new branches of the tree to follow :-)

xoxo