Saturday, March 22, 2008

You should keep quiet at the movies

I have missed my calling.  I should have been a meteorologist.   It is the only occupation where you can be wrong most of the time and still have your job.   The doom and gloom forecast of three to six inches of snow never arrived.    Don't you wonder.  With radar, satellites, and all sort of up to the nanosecond doo dads in the weather armamentarium, why in the hell do the always get it wrong???  The only thing they can get right is a heat wave...that is because if you go outside you can feel and see that it is hot.   And, you know that it will last for a while until a thunderstorm comes and makes it cooler.

Emily and I went to the movies today.   There were a total of eight people.  So what happens.........Two women sat almost directly behind my daughter and I and were talking.   Talking loudly too.   I had to endure this conversation during the ads and previews.. (not that it was a major bother at this point)   At the start of the movies they continued.   I was quite peeved by this time.   I turned around as asked them. "Are you planning on talking thru the rest of this movie?"     "NO" one of them said.   "Well good, because it is quite annoying.." said I..     They honestly had a WTF look on both of their faces.   

Why do people insist on talking during the movies, and why with hundreds of empty seat did they choose to sit behind me.   They were very quiet thru the rest of the show.  I think they were even afraid to eat their popcorn, they were chewing it very quietly.

The movies was Penelope.   It was quite good,  fantasy, but good.    Emily and I were in for something light hearted and it was.  It is a chick flick and I would recommended it.   Affluent family son takes advantage of a maid and then spurs her.   Then the maid grandmother was a witch who puts a curse on the girls in the family that they will be born looking like a pig.   For five or so generations only sons were born, but then, one day, a porr misfortunate Penelope was born.... The curse is set and only one of their own can break the spell........

 

 

 

 

No comments: