Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunny Sunday

This is from the long ago and far, far away file.   This is Maine, probably somewhere around Acadia.  Now that is a beautiful National Park.   I have on my to do list, to go there again and just mozy along thru New England.  I will have to be retired before I can do that.  

People asked me what I would do.  Take watercolor classes.  At the Pittsburgh Institute for the Arts they have classes but the one I want to take is given only during the day.     Get out and take pictures.   Take classes at the local colleges, this is for fun.    A lot of the colleges have classes that can be taken for free or a minimal class for seniors.  You don't get the credits but you get the knowledge.  What I have visions of doing is arguing with the professor and call them names like Idiot or something like that.  That is if I don't agree.   Sometimes I like an argument just for the sake of the argument, and especially if I am right.

Another thing is peruse the genealogy in depth.  This is difficult for me now because All of my great grandparents came from Europe.  I have gotten just about as far as I can do with the research here.   I am to the point in my research that I need to go and see what the LDS (Later Day Saints) have copies from the church records of Ireland and Germany.  

I would like to do some volunteer work.  I tried that with the Trap, neuter and release of cats, but with all the felines allergens I started to feel sneezy and a little short of breath (Provental inhaler time)  so I quit assisting with the cat population control.    I thought this might work with deadbeat parents of the world, but it would be cruel to trap them in a cage.      The way the program works is like this.  There are feral cat colonies and a person get the cage and traps the cats.   Then they will take them to the shelter and they are anesthetized, given a rabies, antibiotic, and kitty NSAID for the pain.  A little bit of their ear is nipped for identification that they have been neutered and the next day they are released back in their colony.   Helps with cat population control, control of rabies and the cats are less likely to fight.  Well, they will now fight over food and not a mate.     

Also when I retire I will work "casual"  That is when they need somebody and they will call and say,  "Claudia, can you work on Wednesday?"   I will give it a yea or a nay, and the people will be happy that one less room needs to be staffed.

Acadia National Park - Home (U.S. National Park Service)

FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that park is beautiful!

xoxo