Sunday, March 9, 2008

Yet another thing.

Since I am on a rant.   I am displeased with MS Automatic Updates.   On March 6th one appeared that had something to do with "video" in the title.  This is another instance of MS choosing what to do with my computer.  After it was installed I could not view pictures in other peoples journals.  I was miffed.   I like those pictures, and I look forward to to seeing them.   So I tried to do a SYSTEM RESTORE; which will take you back to a previous time.  This is a bit complicate so I won't go into the procedure;  well, the damn thing failed.  This required attention beyond the novice.  I had to call for tech support.   The tech support of ACER actually had, I know you will find this extremely hard to believe, a person who native language is ENGLISH.   My day was made........The solution to this enigma was to start it in safe mode (another story) and do the system restore in SAFE MODE.  Another computing success story for Claudia.  I know this will be temporary and a fleeting repair because those particular gremlins in the hard drive will appear in an other form to bedevil me at some later date and time.    I can see your pictures.   TA DA.

Another thing I read that Vista is coming out with a SERVICE PACK , which is to improve the security of their initial offering of VISTA.   Well there are a lot of things that won't run after installation of the service pack.   A lot of security programs and the new from the NY Times.     Arghhhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually systems improve after Service Pack 1. I had been sort of looking forward to it. Can't you change your updates to be non-automatic? Or is that what you did?

xoxo