Saturday, March 8, 2008

I hate winter

I think this was taken at State College PA.   But, I don't remember for sure.  

I am living in a house of pestilence.  Last weekend Chuck got sick and then on Monday Emily became sick also.   It starts out with a sore throat, then coughing, nasal congestion, etc.  You know the routine.      Yesterday Emily sounded really bad, so off to Urgicare.   She has a family doctor but a person can not get an appointment when needed.    "WE can see you next week Mrs Jones...."   Honestly, a person could be dead or better by then.   The family practice people really hate the "Doc in a Box" practices.    Honestly, we went, she signed in, and was seen in 15 minutes.   It is billed as an office visit as opposed to an ER visit and we were out in forty five minutes.      She also has bronchitis.   She got a nebulizor treatment and then we were gone. 

Emily works two part time jobs and no provided health insurance.    Highmark Blue Cross/ Blue Shield has a program called "Special  Care"  You are allowed four visits a year and it doesn't pay for any medications.   It will cover emergencies, and surgery things.   At the Urgicare we talked to the nurse practitioner and she wrote two scripts for generic  Rx and gave us a coupon for a free Albuterol Inhaler.    Emily got fixed up for $16.    This is good if you are young, healthy and do not take medication.    She is feeling a little better today, and is currently asleep.

I have decided I am ready for spring.  I am glad I do not live in Northern PA or Norther Ohio.  Because I have heard that they are expecting 20 inches of snow.  That is 20 more than I care to see.   We are expecting a few inches, which is also a few too many.

I haven't written to much lately, I have been spending my time trying to avoid getting what the others have.  That is a full time activity.   I hope I succeed  but I am not counting on it.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you avoid that bug!

I hate winter so much that I don't even like fall or spring very much because they are too close to winter. Give me July and August, and I am a happy camper! Or, let me run off to Arizona!

xoxo