Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Still Ill

Still sitting on my butt, coughing my lungs out.    If I had been a smoking kind of person, I think I would have quit.

This is the fourth day and I was wishing I would die and hoping it would have been soon.   Not really, I had a fever, terrible coughing, nose running, hoarse (I still am) and feeling all drained.    Went to the doctor yesterday,  and I asked him how does one know if the infection is bacterial or viral.   He said that sometimes you can't tell.  But by the time they get to his office, they have been sick and are not getting better.  He gave me antibiotics.   Four more day of that to go.   That is what I get for working with sick people I guess.

I hate being sick.  I just don't have time for it.   In over two years, I  have not called off sick......Really, those people are going to say "Claudia must be really sick, she never calls off..."  I am too old to be a martyr.    We are working so hard, and lucky if I get a break or a lunch.   

I read articles on getting in shape etc, that talk about going out and exercising during your lunch break.  I have 30 minutes, go to the cafeteria and wait in line behind the visitors who stand with mouths agape perusing the cafeteria menu.    In hospitals they should have restricted hours in the cafeteria.   I still get 30 even if I have to stand in line for 15 of the 30.   Most of the time I pack my lunch.  It is cheaper, I know how it will taste, and all I have to do is heat it in the microwave and still have time or a cup of tea or coffee and a pit stop in the bath room.   WOW

Enough of this entry I am feeling drained by just thinking what to write, I feel a nap coming on.................

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get your rest, get better!

xoxo