Thursday, March 27, 2008

Off today and damn glad of it.

I know I posted this before, but I wanted to see how it looked larger.  I had to move some of the photos off my hard drive into the AOL album.  When I move them from the hard drive into my journal They are only one size.  So that leaves my other option to move them, click and drag, into the AOL album then I can select the size.  I had email AOL tech support and queried them and this is indeed the truth.   I offered my unsolicited advice (HA) and told them with all the computers being sold within the past 15 months, the all have Vista why doesn't AOL support this feature.  She said (HA) she would send my suggestions to the higher ups in AOL.   Which is the equivalent of putting the suggestion in the round file.

  As I ranted earlier, the design of the direct download into AOL only supports Windows XP.   (Which I love much more than VISTA, for the ease of operation)  There just seems to be things missing, I guess we are intuitively suppose to know where they put folders that are readily apparent on XP.  A computer is like having a baby, you have to go by instinct on how to operate the thing.  There are books out there to tell you how, but you are on your own.   

On todays agenda.   High maintenance hair appointment.  They are all high maintenance these days.   But the hair stylest told me I have less gray than my younger sisters.  They don't know about this journal so I can talk about them..    LOL.  

Another stop is the library.   I love going to the library.  Especially the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh.  That is a half drive and the parking in Pittsburgh is the highest in the nation.   So I will  have to settle for the local, which is pretty good.   I love to read and can finish a few novels in a week.  Actually two or three if they are good.  If I determine they are not so good, I stop and go on to something new.

Main (Oakland) - Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh

My last stop today is to go to a funeral viewing for a coworker.   His mother passed away on Easter Morning.  She died from viral pneumonia, she had multi system organ failure.  It always amazes how people can be healthy and then get a infection and the body just can't fight it off.   There is really nothing you can do about viral infections.  With the exception of vaccinations.    The bacterial are bad too because of the emergence of antibiotic resistant bacteria.   There is nothing that can be done if it bacteria are resistant.    The drug companies are not really researching new antibiotics.   Guess there is no money in it.

No comments: