Monday, March 24, 2008

Waves of Tulips

I really have this thing for tulips........I don't have any planted in my yard.  Actually, my gardening consists of flowers in pots, and herbs in pots on my deck.   When I was little my parents had a large garden.   They grew tomatoes, green beans, peppers, beets, kale, asparagus,  lettuce, green onions, raspberries, strawberries and other things I can't remember.    At the end of the season they would can all these things.  Also they would buy apples, peaches, pears, and more tomatoes and we would spend hours canning.     

I do not do any canning.  I spent enough time preparing these things when I was a kid,  my sisters who never had to do this, have large gardens and can their bounty.  I would rather blanch and freeze. 

Today was very hectic.  The surgeon I worked with started at 06:45, that means I had to be there by 05:30 to get things ready for the early start.  I would have rathered had the 30 minutes more sleep.   He gets out sooner but I don't.   I would like to know where do all these people come from.    I would have thought everyone in Western PA would have had their gall bladder removed by now.

I only work 8 hours tomorrow as opposed to the 11 today.   I am glad I am on the retirement track....I would have been retired by now except for the health insurance issue.   People who work in Health care are not provided with health insurance when they retire................

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my journal!  I too have my bulbs in pots.  They are still put away in my shed b/c it is too cold to get them out yet, they will die.  I got the same idea.  I am going to grow some herbs.  Should I get them planted already?  Or will they die in the cold?  Maybe I should start planting the seeds inside now?  And what kind?  I am such a novice, LOL.  I would appreciate any ideas you have!  When we were little we had big gardens too.  Especially tomato plants.  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink